Monday 18 October 2010

What our students say about us

Following every cooking course we ask our students how they found our school. Here is a selection of their comments for your information.

"I think the course was excellent you and Poul are fantastic hosts. And the way Poul apparently effortlessly throws together some of the best food I have ever tasted was truly inspiring! The kitchen was pretty much exactly what you would imagine a French kitchen to be and all in with the long languid lunches and dinners. It was exactly the French cooking experience we were hoping for. Please don’t change a thing!!"
Hugh Patience - October 2010

"I thought the selection of recipes was excellent, the main thing for me was, there was a good balance of simple type of recipes which you could easily reproduce on a Saturday afternoon at home and more complicated showing-off type recipes which went with a certain feeling of accomplishment! I thought mixing in a few kitchen skills (de-boning the chicken leg, filleting the skate wing, peeling the artichoke) was a real learning experience for me, and I daresay for others that have attended and will attend the course. Also I thought your flexibility as regards to the recipes was also great, those little parmesan crisps were wonderful and when I had mentioned to Poul that I had made chocolate fondant before, he then went on to change the recipe. Thought these little details (and the hosts!) really made this course stand out from others that I have attended". Kwan Phung - October 2010

"Alex Jones ( presenter BBC The One Show) came away saying how amazing the experience was – praise indeed from a (TV Film) team that are constantly travelling. If only every location was as easy and as nice as you were, we would be very lucky" Emma Davis Flic TV

"I couldn’t believe how warm, welcoming and entertaining Niall and Poul were. I immediately felt at home." Hannah Woolhouse

"The course was perfect for us (good food and wine lovers). We wanted a relaxed and fun environment to learn new things about cuisine." Mandy Dunn

"It was absolutely perfect for what we wanted and suited all our requirements." Heidi Houlihan

"Extremely welcoming, hospitable, approachable and friendly." Lana Hanks-Rossiter

"I feel much more confident to go home and cook these dishes and try new things. I can also adapt the recipes for my children." Georgina Gratten

"I made food that I didn’t know I could make "
Clare McCracken

"I cannot thank you enough for such a fantastic
week. Great food, great learning and great company. Thank you, thank you". Heidi Shenk

"It was an absolute pleasure spending a week at Kerrouet House, thanks for having me, and sharing your stories, recipes, and cooking tips. I will definitely keep in touch and I hope to see you guys again in the not too distant future"!! Jenny Wong

"Being now back in Berlin for almost a week,I can aleady say that I miss Kerrouet! Thank you for a wonderful week, the good instruction, interesting conversation and accommodation!I had a wonderful time, and already I have friends wanting to sign up"! Ellen Brandle

"We had such a lovely time with you at the cookery school in Kerrouet. We couldn't fault it in any way really! Both John and I have been delighting in retelling stories of our holiday- the yummy food, great company, lot of great conversation and laughter! I learned lots and John was so happy cycling by day and eating "the best food he has ever eaten for a full week in a row" with lovely company".
Polly Fitzpatrick

"The best food I have ever tasted"! Joyce Boyle

No comments: