Monday 14 May 2012

Recent Reviews

Wow, wow, wow. I am so happy that you stuck with me and found this for me. This was one of the best holidays I've ever had. My friend and I are still talking about the experience. The hands-on aspect of the course is so crucial to help me learn and we were definitely hands-on. The first thing I did when I returned home was cook a chicken stock which we did at the start of the week of the class ... and the hours (mostly unattended) are worth it. Poul is fantastic both as a person and as a chef. I learned new techniques such as filleting a skate fish and boning chicken legs (used for chicken stuffed with langoustines - yum yum). The sauces, though quite buttery, were amazing. I'm not really a dessert person but I learned how to prepare some great desserts such as panna cotta and fondane. The food we prepared was varied and seasonal which I appreciated. Poul answered questions and always had ideas of how to cook this or that differently depending on your personal tastes. For instance, I'm really not an ice cream person so he gave a great recipe for parfait. Our day in Dinan was spectacular. We had great dinners, great wines, and great conversations. The accommodations were fantastic. I would recommend this to all my food-loving friends. Allan J May 2012 Attached is a picture of the first meal back home - the wife loved the frikadeller, creme fraiche potatoes and the remoulade! Thanks for a great week, it was the perfect trip. Danny M May 2012

No comments: